Sunday, October 20, 2013

SP00KY Cupcakes


Good Afternoon !
Hope your weekend was wonderful.  Monday, I decided to make my first batch of Halloween cupcakes! I am going to make more this week but I wanted to see how everyone felt about them before I made more.  Everyone enjoyed them!

Here's what I made:


How I created these:
1) My favorite Vanilla Cupcake recipe
2) Added purple food coloring gel
3) Made the cupcakes as directed
4) Let them cool
5) While they're baking, created the sculptable frosting (the purple toppers in picture)
Here is my link to my post on this wonderful sculptable frosting:
6) Frosted the cupcakes with the orange frosting (yes, it's store bought,
I know I'm sorry!)  
Once the sculptable frosting is done, I grabbed a chunk piece by piece flattened it out and used a curvy/flower like cookie cutter.  I did make mine quite thick (will make them thinner next time).  The toppers make the cupcakes much heavier! I didn't think the thickness of the toppers would make them weigh that much! I used black glitter decorative gel to write and draw on the frosting shapes.
7) I added coconut and some candy eyes to some of them to make monster/mummy cupcakes!
8) Get creative.  This was so much fun to do and it was actually very relaxing for me!

Next time:
I will be making my own frosting (not store bought!).  I also will be making the sculptable frosting thinner, meaning thickness wise.  Because of this I will continue to halve the recipe because I had lots of extra this time.  I only made 12 cupcakes!  I would have to experiment with how much I would have to make for a batch of 24. I will continue to use the same vanilla cupcake recipe. If you would like it please comment below!  


No comments:

Post a Comment