Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cupcake Cones!


Good Afternoon all!
My family is really busy, at all times.  My sister and I are both in school and we both work full time.  Among other obligations it is hard to find good quality family time.  My mom's birthday was this past Saturday, September 28th and we celebrated a few days early.  I decided to make cupcake cones, and here are my results.

My frosting was homemade and was thicker
I had a bit of a hard time drizzling, but I
had fun with it!


I had a little helper (:
Whip up your favorite cupcake mix, and fill up an empty ice cream cone about 2/3's full.  I should have filled a few of my cones up a little bit more.  If they don't come up just above the cone, it's going to be hard to frost.  
I made a few regular cupcakes as well. 
I used an interesting frosting recipe that I found in my mom's cookbook called "Jo's fudge frosting".
Ingredients 
1/4 cup of shortening
1/4 cup of milk 
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
Directions 
Bring the first three ingredients to a boil, add the chocolate chips and remove from heat.  Mix together, and spread.  
This recipe was disastrous.
How it looked: soupy and tasteless
So, I decided to put my own spin on and it and make it something.  I added:
1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 cup of cocoa
Powdered sugar: to taste/to the thickness you want
A splash of milk

It turned out well after adding these ingredients and making it better.  I am still on the lookout for a good chocolate frosting.  Does anyone have any good frosting recipes?  Not icing recipes, just frosting. Please share them with me below I would love it!
Super moist! (Don't put the cupcakes in for as
long as the boxed package says, maybe about three
minutes less! Test it out!)

Momma and Sistaaa! (:




No comments:

Post a Comment